Friday, April 11, 2008

AMY ADAMS!

Yesterday, April 10, 2008, I got the pleasure of meeting Amy Adams in SoHo! If I were to write down the whole story as to how I got there & what events occurred I'd take more than a half hour but here are some of the most important things.
My friend & I arrived in Soho asking everyone and anyone what time Julie & Julia was going to be filming. There were signs and lights everywhere but no cameras. After more than an hour, we came across a trailer with the name Julie Powell on it. I knew that was Amy's character's name so we waited in front of it for about another hour hoping to catch a glimpse of her & maybe get a quick picture. The truck drivers & crew members we started talking to said how nice Amy was & that she'd take a picture with us no doubt. When her assistant came & brought her 2 dogs into the trailer we knew she was on her way.
When she finally arrived she walked by so quickly that we couldn't even ask her for a picture. I instantly noticed her new hair do & she greeted us with a smile. After about another half hour she finally came out of her trailer for a dress rehearsal. We tried to approach her but she was talking on her cell phone & this mean man was trying to keep us away from her (he wasn't her bodyguard ... we actually met her bodyguard & he was really nice).
She continued walking down the block so we decided to follow her because we wanted to see her in action practicing some scenes. When this one guy walked onto the set by mistake & asked her who Amy Adams was she jokingly replied she didn't know but then later revealed her true identity :) Surprisingly, not many people even knew who she was and when they finally did realize who my friend & I were talking about, they knew her as the sister from the Wedding Date rather than for her roles in Enchanted or Junebug.
Once she finished what she was doing about 20 minutes later we realized she was going back to her trailer. We followed her, another female who I'm guessing is also an assistant, & the mean guy down the block. I ran across the street to get to her & asked politely if my friend & I could take a picture with her. She said it was alright & the mean guy who tried to stop me from even getting to her took it for us. She is really friendly & pretty in person & I'm so extremely happy I was able to meet her! Waiting for 5 hours was well worth it.
Many, many thanks to Stephany (www.amyadamsblog.blogspot.com) for the location info.




BTW -- she's wearing a wig

13 comments:

Catherine said...

aww...nice pics!!
Has Amy actually cut her hair, or is it a wig? I'm just curious!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely story! How exciting it must have been for you.

Just out of curiosity... what does the "mean guy" you were referring to look like? A young man? Could it be her bf Darren Le Gallo? Google his name & I'm sure you can find pics for reference.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Julie and Julia. Meryl Streep & Amy Adams?! - it will be a treat!

Tiffany said...

the man was an older man with salt & pepper kind of hair...not her boyfriend. thanks for the comments! :)

Stephany said...

Awwww I'm so jealous, hehe. Well-done Tiffany, it was definitely worth the wait! Loved your report.

Unknown said...

i know the feeling of getting a pic taken together with your idol..too lovely and she is so sweet..and everything is just worth it,i am sure..
thanks for sharing...:)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your story! And at first, I thought it might've been Darren, too, when you mentioned a 'mean guy,' but thankfully it's not!

and BTW, do you think they're stil filming there today? =)

Tiffany said...

Yes...they are filming today! Idk what time Amy will be there but if you can go you should. Especially in the evening...that's when they started setting up yesterday.

Anonymous said...

ahhh is she filming saturday, though? then I'll meet her! :) and your so lucky! all three of you look gorgeous!

Tiffany said...

I don't think they will be there because all the signs I saw were for the 10th & 11th. It doesn't hurt to walk around tho & check it out! I'm not sure but won't they be filming in NY for at least 2 more months? Thanks for the compliment :)

Anonymous said...

YOU RULE

Anonymous said...

aww! i wish i saw her while she was here :( did she say anything to you guys?:)

Tiffany said...

Well when I tapped her & asked if we could have a picture with her she said "sure!" and smiled. Then I told her how we had been waiting for her for so long and she looked at us and said "awww". then the mean guy took the picture & he wasn't pressing the camera button the right way so I told him he had to hold it down and we all sort of giggled. Then my friend and I said thank you...my friend gave her a compliment but I can't remember what it was and I told her "you're amazing" & she also said thank you & both she and the mean guy told us to have a good night. It all happened very quickly... but it was the best celeb encounter ever! I'm gonna sound like such a loser, but I even framed the photo :)

Anonymous said...

Here's another point of view of the aforementioned rendezvous with Amy Adams. ;)

Glad I found it.

http://amyadamsblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/bumping-into-amy-adams-on-set-of-julie.html