Monday, October 27, 2008

I was an extra...

My sister, my friend, and I had a very, very long day/night. We were all extras in the movie, The Winning Season, filming now throughout NYC. It stars Emma Roberts, Sam Rockwell, Margo Martindale, and Connor Paolo among others. The shoot took place at Cardinal Spellman High School in the Bronx. Filming started around 4:00 PM Sunday afternoon and ended at about 4:00 AM Monday morning. According to IMDB, the movie is a comedy centered on a has-been coach who is given a shot at redemption when he's asked to run his local high school's girls basketball team. I'm not going to say what happened in the scenes we filmed but I will say being an extra is not as easy as I thought. Even though it can get very tiring after a while, it was great fun and I enjoyed being a part of it. I managed to snap a couple of pics on set using my sidekick and I was able to get one with Margo Martindale who is an extremely nice woman.


No comments: